Trimester 2 begins this week. It is a time for students to renew their efforts. Please encourage your child to continue to do well or give more effort in these things:
- Use the student planner to be organized. Know what to do and when it’s due. Write it down!
- Be responsible for their own education. Focus in class, turn in all assignments, and do them well.
- Follow directions. Improve and be successful everyday.
- i-Ready/Lexia/Reading Plus. Practice math and Reading/Language skills.
- Read at least 30 minutes every day
- Have fun and enjoy the 5th grade year!
I’m sure with these renewed commitments, your child will improve in this 2nd Trimester.
i-Ready Winter testing for 5th Graders begins next week. The students will be tested in Reading Language Arts, and Math. i-Ready Diagnostic is important because it is an indicator of your child’s progress and what level he/she is at comparing to 5th grade skills. Therefore, it is important for your child not to be absent during i-Ready testing. Please schedule appointments after the school day if possible.
Please encourage your child to do the best they can on these tests and make sure the students get plenty of sleep every night along with a good breakfast each morning. Thank you for your support.
There will be no school next Monday, November 11, in honor of all United States Military Veterans. We thank all our Veterans for your service in defending the freedom that we enjoy in this country.