Trimester 2 begins this week. It is a time for students to renew their efforts. Please encourage your child to continue to do well or give more effort in these things:
- Use the student planner to be organized. Know what to do and when it’s due. Write them down!
- Be responsible for their own education. Focus in class, turn in all assignments, and do them well.
- Follow directions. Improve and be successful everyday.
- Do homework well. Practice math and language skills.
- Read at least 30 minutes every day.
- Practice Khan Academy and Lexia at home.
- Have fun and enjoy the 5th grade year!
I’m sure with these renewed commitments, your child will improve in this 2nd Trimester.
POETRY OUT LOUD! PRESENTATIONS
The 3rd annual classroom “Poetry Out Loud!” is happening on Wednesday in our classroom! Students have been working hard writing their quatrain poems for the last week and are ready to present. Quatrain poems consist of 4 lines in each stanza with distinct rhyming patterns. The emphasis is on writing and performance, not competition. Students can use props, pictures, or movements to enhance their reciting of the poem. Videos of the performances will be posted on our class website and the poems will go on their own student-created websites.
It’s going to be a fun and rewarding learning activity for the students in Room C7.
To inform parents of what's going on in the classroom, curriculum, news, progress, and activities. Please ask for the Learning Schedule that goes home every Monday.