CHRISTMAS around the world WEB HUNT
- Santa asks a question when he knocks on the door on Christmas Eve in Finland. What does he ask? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- What do people in Ireland celebrate on the day after Christmas? Click on Christmas in Ireland.
- What famous Christmas song was written in Austria? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- In Scotland it is bad luck to let the fire go out on Christmas Eve. Why? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- Caroling is popular in Wales and carolers are often accompanied by what instrument? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- The stockings of children who live in the Canadian Prairies often contain a fruit. What fruit is it? Go here.
- "Kleeschen" is another name for who comes from the heavens to reward children in Luxemborg who have been good? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- What decorations do people in China hang on their Christmas trees? Click on The North Pole.
- On what day do people in Egypt celebrate Christmas? You can find the answer at Christmas Around the World.
- Why do people in Norway put out a bowl of rice porridge for the barn elf? Click on Christmas Around the World.
- Name two popular decorations for the nativity scene in Costa Rica. Click on Christmas Around the World.
- What do the 12 dishes served at the traditional Christmas Eve dinner in Poland represent? Find the answer at Polish World.
Christmas Trivia, Facts, Symbols, and Traditions
- Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer, was created for a department store in 1939. Which department store? Click on Snopes.
- Today we often send or receive Christmas cards. Who sent the first Christmas card? Click on Christmas Cards.
- Who wrote the famous poem that starts "Twas the night before Christmas" and when was it written? Click on Christmas Decorations and Gifts
- What is the weather like at the North Pole right now? Click on Weather.com.
- How do you say "Merry Christmas" in Cantonese? Find the answer (and listen to it too) at Christmas on the Net.
- Which president first had a Christmas tree inside the White House? You can find out at White House History.
- What is the Grinch's heart full of? Click here to find out.
Christmas Fun - Are you ready for some Christmas games? Try your luck at one or more of these!
- Play a game of checkers, do a crossword puzzle, build a snowman and more in Santa's Secret Village!
- Games, jokes, etc. at BlackDog's Christmas Fun and Games!
- Dress the Reindeer Game. Click the clothes to dress the reindeer.
- Snowline. Help Santa avoid pitfalls to collect presents for the children of the world!
- Christmas Hangman Our favorite skeleton is back again! This time he's wearing a Santa hat and has Christmas related words.